Study in Canada must be an incredible experience to the students of Bangladesh. The United Nations has ranked Canada one of the best countries in the world to live and to study. Canadian Schools, Colleges and Universities are ready to welcome international students irrespective of nationalities or caste and creed. Students of Bangladesh are allowed to study at Canadian Schools, Colleges or Universities under numerous full or partial scholarship schemes, self financed schemes etc.
Canada is also a country of diverse geography, and there is much to experience in its great outdoors of provinces or territories like Alberta, Manitoba, British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundlandand Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Saskatchewan.
ESTIMATED TUITION FEES IN CANADA
Education & Maintenance costs in Canada
Tuition fees in Canada:
It is difficult to estimate actual tuition fees because it differs institutions to institutions and provinces.
However student may estimate rough tuition fees in between CDN$ 5000 to 28,000 per year depending on the enrolled programs.The best option is to check the update fees through the institutions website.
The URL http://www.canadian-universities.net/Campus/Tuition-Fees.html u may help guide through the university fees.
The URL http://www.educationau-incanada.ca/educationau-incanada/index.aspx may help to calculate study costs in Canada.
Maintenance Costs in Canada:
Maintenance costs also differ by provinces. However, average maintenance costs can be calculated as CDN $ 10,000 – 15,000 per year for international students. Please ask education provider to know the actual maintenance costs.
HOW TO APPLY FOR ADMISSION
Enrollment process to Canadian Institutions
The admission application process can take considerable time; student should start at least one year in advance to compile the necessary information and documentation.
The best way is to contact the admission office of the selected institution directly for the admission. Alternatively student may contact the authorized representative of the institution if there is any.
Most of the institutions in Canada require demonstration of proficiency in their language of instruction (either English or French), usually through the achievement of a certain minimum score in a standardized language test. Student should check the detail of the language requirement from the office of international admissions of the university.
This is a sample system for international students.
- Download the application form of the selected institution
- Fill up the form very carefully
- Attach prescribed documents along with the application from
- Pay necessary application fees
- Courier out the package to the admission department of the Institution
- If your application fulfill the requirements of admission, you will receive a letter of admission
- Pay necessary tuition fees and collect the unconditional admission letter.
WORK FACILITY DURING STUDY
Bangladeshi students are allowed to work in Canada during studentship if they comply one of the following:
Bangladeshi students are eligible for on campus work if they hold a study permit and enrolled for a full time study program at College or University level at a public funded or accredited private funded college. For detail follow the link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-oncampus.asp
Bangladeshi students are eligible for weekly 20 hours off-campus work but they must be a full-time student enrolled at a participating publicly funded post-secondary educational institution or in an approved program at an eligible privately funded institution.
To work off campus, student must apply for a work permit. Do not begin to work off campus until you have received your work permit. Follow the link for further detail:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp
Please remember, student must enroll one the institution listed on the link below to qualify for off-campus work permit. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp#ontario.
Work facilities for the spouse:
Accompanying spouses or common-law partners of foreign students are eligible for an open work permit, which means they do not need a job offer or a labor market opinion from Service Canada.
Spouse or common-law partner may apply for a work permit if student are entitled for off campus work permit during studentship. Follow the link for further detail:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-spouse.asp
APPLYING FOR A CANADIAN VISA IN BANGLADESH
Upon receiving an unconditional enrollment / admission letter from approved Canadian Institutions applicant must follow the steps below to lodge an entry clearance or visa application. Bangladeshi students should check whether the institute is in the list of approved Canadian Institution or not.
- · Fill up necessary application forms electronically to receive necessary verification (Forms can be download from the URL http://www.vfs-canada.com.bd/checklists.aspx )
- · Affix document checklist
- · Affix family and student questionnaire forms
- · Affix representative form if applicant apply through a representative
- · Affix a photograph. Click the URL http://www.vfs-canada.com.bd/photospecfications.aspx for picture specification
- · Affix a letter of intention/motivation
- · Affix a non criminal record or police clearance certificate
- · Pay necessary non refundable application fees. Click the URL http://www.vfs-canada.com.bd/visafees.aspx to check latest application fees.
- · Affix a notarize affidavit of financial declaration from applicant’s sponsor showing he/she has enough access of money to cover applicant’s entire costs for the proposed study program. Hence note the sponsor must be 1st blood and attach necessary documents to proof the relation. Failing to do so your application likely to be refused. You must satisfy a Visa Officer that you are a bona fide student and your intention is solely for the study purpose in Canada. Also note, any affidavit showing proof of relation is not acceptable in case of third party / distance relation sponsorship.
- · Your sponsor must demonstrate entire source of income for past two years along with necessary Tax Assessment Documents. For a smooth procedure of assessment any documents attached with application forms must have minimum contact number and e-mail of the issuing authority.
- · Failing to proof necessary source of income your application likely to be refused
- · Lodge your visa application to VFS, Canada Application Center,
Facilities available to settle in Canada after study
Post-Graduation Work Permit Program:
Post-Graduation work permit program is available for the Bangladeshi students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution to gain valuable Canadian work experience. But a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program is limited to same duration of your full time study period. Suppose, if you have studied a 4 years bachelor program you can expect to get a Post-Graduation work permit for 3 years. For further detail click on the URL:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp
Apply for permanent residence (PR) in Canada:
Bangladeshi students who graduated in Canada are eligible to apply for Permanent Residence (PR) in Canada under Canadian Experience Class (CEC). To apply for the same student must have required level of language proficiency and work experience. Please follow the link for further detail:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES IN CANADA
Bangladeshi students with very strong academic background may apply for partial or full funded scholarship under numerous schemes. However, student must comply with the enrollment criteria for the scholarship schemes. Click on the URL for further detail: http://www.educationau-incanada.ca/educationau-incanada/scholarships_bourses.aspx?view=d
Some university directly accepts scholarship application from the students. If you are looking for scholarship opportunities in Canada, you may book an appointment with us to know the entire process.
Resources for Canadian Scholarships:
For further information please contact –
NHP Education Consultants
152/2A-2, Rowshan Tower (2nd Floor),
Panthapath, Dhaka – 1205,
Tel: +8801971554455, +8801681888880,